Last week on Malwarebytes Labs, we looked at which age range is most likely to be targeted by online predators, talked to Malwarebytes CISO John Donovan on our Lock and Code podcast, and explored the latest deepfake happenings. We also dug into a supply chain attack, discussed threats from a ransomware group, and did a deep dive on wallet recovery code scams. There were also fines for cities, and a 101 guide to Smishing. We had Signal insisting it’s very private indeed, an explainer for ip addresses, vulnerabilities in IoT land, and a plan for success from the Ransomware Task Force.
Other cybersecurity news
- Australia starts cyber-learning early (Source: The Register)
- Vivaldi browser crumbles some cookies (Source: Vivaldi)
- UK rail network hit by ransomware (Source: Bleeping Computer)
- RAT malware causes problems for Telegram (Source: How To Geek)
- Linux malware and the art of evasion (Source: TechRadar)
- Phishing campaign targets Chase bank customers (Source: TechRepublic)
- Remembering Dan Kaminsky (Source: New York Times)
- Hackers attacking COVID-19 supply chain (Source: CBS News)
- Watch a TESLA have its doors hacked open by a drone (Source: Forbes)
- Banks fail in bid to share cost of refunding scam victims (Source: BBC)
Stay safe, everyone!