Last week on Malwarebytes Labs:
- Is it Game Over for VR Advergaming?
- Lil’ skimmer, the Magecart impersonator
- What is the WireGuard VPN protocol?
- Binance receives the ban hammer from UK’s FCA
- Fired by algorithm: The future’s here and it’s a robot wearing a white collar
- Second colossal Linkedin “breach” in 3 months, almost all users affected
- Police seize DoubleVPN data, servers, and domain
- PrintNightmare 0-day can be used to take over Windows domain controllers
- SMS authentication code includes ad: A very bad idea
- Microsoft exec reveals “routine” secrecy orders from government investigators
- Beware password spraying Fancy Bears
- Shutdown Kaseya VSA servers to stop cascading REvil attack against MSPs, clients
Other cybersecurity news
- Researchers explore the insecure world of the subdomain (Source: Can i take your subdomain)
- Cyber insurance model is broken, consider banning ransomware payments (Source: The Register)
- How facial recognition solutions can safeguard the hybrid workplace (Source: Help Net Security)
- Capital One hacker faces fresh charges for 2019 hacking spree (Source: Teiss)
- HMRC-branded phishing scams surge despite protections (Source: Computer Weekly)
- Cryptomining malware hits gamers doing the dodgy (Source: Pickr)
- Confessions of a famous fraudster: how and why social engineering scams work (Source: Security Intelligence)
- IoT risks are real, and this is how you mitigate them (Source: IT Pro)
- Reuters: Israeli charged in global hacker for hire scheme wants plea deal (Source: Reuters)
Stay safe, everyone!