The IP 18.104.22.168 is blocked as part of the range 22.214.171.124 – 126.96.36.199. These IPs are used by a family of adware that uses DNS hijacks to serve advertisements.
The IP 188.8.131.52 belongs to one of the DNS servers used by the adware family called DNSUnlocker. DNSUnlocker changes the victim’s DNS settings in order to add or modify ads shown on websites visited.
Malwarebytes blocks the communications to this adware server.
Malwarebytes blocks any connection to this IP.
Add an exclusion
Should users wish to visit a blocked IP Address and exclude it from being blocked, they can add it to the exclusions list. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click the Detection History
- Click the Allow List
- To add an item to the Allow List, click Add.
- Select Allow a website.
- Select Add an IP address and enter the IP address that you wish to exclude.
- Click on Done and the IP address should appear in your Allow List.