Adware.Agent is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for adware that has the sole intention to show advertisements on affected systems. The detection name can also be used for the adware components of bundlers.
Affected systems exhibit the following behavior:
- Showing advertisments not related to or originating from any of the sites they are visiting
Malwarebytes blocks Adware.Agent with its real-time protection module.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Adware.Agent without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.