Adware.Esprot is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of adware targeting Windows systems.
Type and source of infection
Adware.Esprot is also sometimes detected as a backdoor/Trojan, because it has the ability to download and install updated versions of itself on the affected system. The files are typically DLLs with names that resemble those of Windows files.
Malwarebytes protects against Adware.Esprot by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Adware.Esprot
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Adware.Esprot without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.