Adware.Ghokswa is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of adware that installs modified versions of popular browsers on affected Windows systems.
The browsers installed by Adware.Ghokswa have different start pages, new tab settings, and search settings than the original browser.
Malwarebytes blocks Adware.Ghokswa by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Adware.Ghokswa
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Adware.Ghokswa without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.