Adware.Hicosmea is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of adware targeting Windows systems.
Adware.Hicosmea typically drops a DLL in a new subfolder of %APPDATA%\roaming. This DLL will then be loaded in explorer.exe to display pop-ups and other forms of advertisements.
Malwarebytes protects users from Adware.Hicosmea using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Adware.Hicosmea
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Adware.Hicosmea without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.