Adware.IStartSurf is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for a family of adware often installed by bundlers on Windows systems.
Adware.IStartSurf uses hijacked search results to deliver their advertisements on the affected system. Often, they also change an internet browser’s start page to their own search site.
Malwarebytes blocks Adware.IStartSurf by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Adware.IStartSurf
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Adware.IStartSurf without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
We recommend users that have had their browsers hijacked to have a look at our browser restore page.