Adware.Multiplug is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of adware installers targeting Windows systems.
Type and source of infection
Adware.Multiplug uses a great variety of methods to deliver their advertisements. They are known to use randomized file and folder names and are usually installed by bundlers.
Malwarebytes protects users from Adware.Multiplug by using real-time potection.
Malwarebytes blocks Adware.Multiplug
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Adware.Multiplug without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.