Adware.NewTab is a browser extension or application that pretends to be a tracker for packages or flights, but offers advertisements. Adware.Newtab targets MacOS systems.
Type and source of infection
Adware.Newtab is adware. Adware applications display advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing.
This adware is offered as a browser extension or as an application based on which browser you are using.
Package Manager site offering Adware.NewTab
Malwarebytes for Mac detects and removes Adware.NewTab.
Malwarebytes also blocks the domains associated with the adware.
Malwarebytes blocks the domain hquickmapsanddirections.com
Malwarebytes for Mac will detect and remove the components of this malware.
- Download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac.
- Click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan.
- If threats are detected during the scan, a count of detected threats is displayed. More detailed threat information is displayed after the scan completes.
- Click “Confirm” to move the detected threats to Quarantaine.
- If a restart is required to complete remediation of threats detected during a scan, you will be notified. When a restart is required, please remember to save all work before clicking “Restart”.