Backdoor.Bladabindi is the detection for a family of backdoors that steal sensitive information from the affected system.
Type and source of infection
The information stolen by Backdoor.Bladabindi is sent to the threat actors. Some members of this family can also download and execute additional malware.
This threat uses several methods of spreading:
- Infected removable drives
- Installed by other Trojans
- Links to infected websites
Malwarebytes protects users from Backdoor.Bladabindi by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Backdoor.Bladabindi
Malwarebytes can remove Backdoor.Bladabindi without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Backdoor.Bladabindi with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.