Backdoor.Bot.Gen is Malwarebytes’ detection name for Trojans that allow the threat actor to add the affected system to a botnet. Once this has been established, the machine can also be infected with additional malware.
Malwarebytes protects users from Backdoor.Bot.Generic by using real-time detection.
Malwarebytes blocks Backdoor.Bot.Generic
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Backdoor.Bot.Gen without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.