Malwarebytes uses the detection name “Backdoor.” for a category of Trojans that enable threat actors to gain remote access and control over an affected system.
Type and source of infection
The dropping or downloading of a backdoor is often the second stage in an attack, where the first stage is the infiltration of the Trojan dropper or downloader, and the final stage is gaining full control of the affected system. In many cases, a backdoor is a payload as the attacker can build out his control once it is functioning.
Malwarebytes protects users from backdoors by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove backdoors without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.