Rootkit.Komodia.PUA is Malwarebytes’ detection name for software that uses a particular SSL hijacker designed by Komodia. This hijacker is vulnerable to man-in-the-middle (MITM) attacks. This is hidden from users using a special rootkit. At the time when this was revealed, the SSL hijack is also called “Superfish”.
Malwarebytes protects users from Rootkit.Komodia.PUA using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Rootkit.Komodia.PUA
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Rootkit.Komodia.PUA without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.