Trojan.Agent.CLK is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a certain type of Trojan that belongs to the Adware.Adclick family and infects Windows machines.
Type and source of infection
This family uses scheduled tasks to show user advertisements. It also collects information from the browser(s) and connects to an IRC server.
This Trojan is offered at crack and keygen sites under various names to trick users into downloading and running it.
Malwarebytes protects users from Trojan.Agent.CLK by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Agent.CLK
Malwarebytes can remove Trojan.Agent.CLK without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.