Trojan.Agent.MSDGen is Malwarebytes’ generic detection based on the properties of a value under the following registry key, which is indicative of Andromeda/Gamarue infections:
Type and source of the infection
Worm.Gamarue is often dropped onto a system by exploit kits.
Malwarebytes protects users from Trojan.Agent.MSDGen by using real-time protection to block Worm.Gamarue.
Malwarebytes protects from Trojan.Agent.MSDGen by blocking Worm.Gamarue
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Agent.MSDGen without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.