Trojan.Agent.Trace is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for traces of any infection that can’t be attributed to a specific Trojan.
Type and source of the infection
Trojan.Agent.Trace is harmless by itself, but the presence of it is a sign of a system infection. The traces could be leftovers from an already removed malware.
Protection against Trojan.Agent.Trace is not necessary. This is merely a removal detection.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Agent.Trace without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.