Trojan.Bedep is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of Trojans targeting Windows systems.
Source and type of infection
Trojan.Bedep opens a backdoor on infected systems and can download additional malware to the system.
This Trojan is usually dropped on the affected systems by exploit kits.
Malwarebytes protects users from Trojan.Bedep by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Bedep
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Bedep without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Bedep with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.