Trojan.Downloader.D.Generic is Malwarebytes’ specific detection name, based on the download location used by a Trojan.Downloader, which uses a browser hijacker to download additional adware.
Malwarebytes protects users from Trojan.Downloader.D.Generic by using real-time protection to block the Trojan.Downloaders that create it.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Downloader
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Downloader.D.Generic without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Downloader.D.Generic with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.