Trojan.Downloader.D.Generic is Malwarebytes’ specific detection name, based on the download location used by a Trojan.Downloader, which uses a browser hijacker to download additional adware.
Malwarebytes protects users from Trojan.Downloader.D.Generic by using real-time protection to block the Trojan.Downloaders that create it.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Downloader
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Downloader.D.Generic without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.