Trojan.Downloader is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for Trojans that download (and run) other malware on affected systems.
Type and source of infection
Downloaders are often the first stage of infection from attacks from an exploit kit or a malicious email attachment. They are usually small and pre-programmed to download and start other malicious files.
Malwarebytes protects users from Trojan.Downloader by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Downloader
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Downloader without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.