Users of affected computers may experience slowdowns in internet speed as they are joined to a botnet that performs DDoS attacks.
Type and source of the infection
Trojan.ElectrumDoSMiner can be dropped by exploit kits as well as by other Trojans known as Trojan.BeamWinHTTP and Smoke Loader.
This Trojan uses a Trojanized wallet to flood Electrum nodes with requests.
Flooding ElectrumX servers on port 50002 or 50001
Malwarebytes protects users from Trojan.ElectrumDoSMiner by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes also blocks the known IPs that host the botnet Trojan.
Malwarebytes blocks the IP 188.8.131.52
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.ElectrumDoSMiner without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.