Trojan.Miuref is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of Trojans that have different capabilities. The most prevalent objective seems to be click fraud.
Type and source of infection
Some variants of Trojan.Miuref alter search results to get the victims to visit the sites they promote. They also have the ability to download and run other malware. These Trojans are usually installed by other malware, but they have also been spotted as email attachments.
Malwarebytes protects users from Trojan.Miuref by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Miuref
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Miuref without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get startedbutton.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.