Trojan.Sefnit is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of Trojans that operate as a backdoor, allowing remote access to Windows systems.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Sefnit is also capable of using your computer for Bitcoin mining, click fraud, and to hijack the victim’s search results.
There are several ways this Trojan can land on a system, including via P2P file sharing, bundlers, or being dropped by other malware.
Malwarebytes protects users from Trojan.Sefnit by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Sefnit
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Sefnit without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get startedbutton.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.