Trojan.Shellcode is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for Trojans that run shellcode on affected systems in order to launch malware or download additional malware.
Users of affected systems may see quick glimpses of command prompt windows while Trojan.Shellcode is performing its actions.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Shellcode on Windows systems often uses powershell or cmd scripts to download or execute other malware.
Trojan.Shellcode can originate from various sources including infected email attachments and exploit kits.
If Trojan.Shellcode has run on an affected system you are likely to find other detections on the same system due to the nature of the infection that requires the presence of other malware or because it has downloaded additional malware.
Malwarebytes protects users from Trojan.Shellcode by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Shellcode
To remove Trojan.Shellcode using Malwarebytes business products, follow the instructions below.
How to remove Trojan.Shellcode with Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection
- Go to the Malwarebytes Cloud console.
- To allow you to invoke a scan while the machine is off the network, go to Settings > Policies > your policy > General.
- Under Endpoint Interface Options, turn ON:
- Show Malwarebytes icon in notification area
- Allow users to run a Threat Scan (all threats will be quarantined automatically)
If you have infected machines that are not registered endpoints in Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection, you can remove Trojan.Shellcode with our Breach Remediation tool (MBBR).
- Log into your My Account page and copy your license key. The key is needed to activate MBBR tool.
- Open your Cloud console.
- From a clean and safe machine, go to Endpoints > Add > Malwarebytes Breach Remediation. This will download the MBBR zip package.
- Unzip the package.
- Access a Windows command line prompt and issue the following commands:
mbbr register –key:<prodkey>
Note: You must substitute your license key for <prodkey>.
- Copy the MBBR folder to a flash drive.
- From an infected, offline machine, copy the MBBR folder from the flash drive.
- Start a scan using the following command:
mbbr scan –full –ark –remove –noreboot
- Refer to the Malwarebytes Breach Remediation Windows Administrator Guide for all supported scanning commands.
How to remove Trojan.Shellcode with Malwarebytes Endpoint Security
You can use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v1.80, which is included in your Malwarebytes Endpoint Security deployment to scan and remove Trojan.Shellcode.
- Remove the infected endpoint from the network.
- On the infected machine, right click the system tray icon and click on Start Scanner.
- Select Perform full scan.
- Click on Scan button.
- Open CMD
- CD to C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Run mbamapi /scan –full –remove -reboot
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Shellcode without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.