Trojan.Wdfload is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for a family of adware Trojans that are also known as SearchMaster.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Wdfload injects advertisements in search results and into websites. The advertisements are usually of the kind that regular websites will refuse: tech support scams, surveys, porn, and other dubious redirects. Trojan.Wdfload is usually installed by bundlers.
Malwarebytes protects users from Trojan.Wdfload by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Wdfload
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Wdfload without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
Malwarebytes removal log
The file names used by Trojan.Wdfload are semi-random but an example of a removal guide for Wdfload can be found on our forums.