Worm.Qakbot is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of worms that can spread through network shares and removable drives.
Type and source of infection
Worm.Qakbot gathers information about the affected system and also installs a backdoor, mostly to be used by banking Trojans.
Worm.Qakbot is usually installed by exploit kits.
Malwarebytes protects users from Worm.Qakbot by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Worm.Qakbot
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Worm.Qakbot without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Worm.Qakbot with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.