Worm.Qakbot is a detection for a family of worms that can spread through network shares and removable drives.
Type and source of infection
Worm.Qakbot gathers information about the affected system and also installs a backdoor, mostly to be used by banking Trojans.
Worm.Qakbot is usually installed by exploit kits.
Malwarebytes protects users from Worm.Qakbot by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Worm.Qakbot
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Worm.Qakbot without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.