Last week on Malwarebytes Labs, we looked at the impact of COVID-19 on healthcare cybersecurity, dug into some pandemic stats in terms of how workforces coped with going remote, and served up a crash course on malware detection. Our most recent Lock and Code podcast explored the safety of parental monitoring apps.
Other cybersecurity news
- Under lock and key: Researchers showed how the sound of a turning lock could help open doors (Source: The Register)
- Enemies at the Roblox gates: How did a company try and keep their game free from porn? (source: Fast Company)
- French police warned of a COVID phish doing the rounds (Source: The Connexion)
- Jackpot! Cash machine hackers tipped odds in their favor (Source: Wired)
- Tesla says no to hacks: Car giant does battle with DIY performance boost (Source: Electrek)
- Mobile hack has lasting damage: Actress spoke of horror at having photos stolen (Source: Infosecurity Magazine)
- VPNs under siege: voice phishers now targeting corporate VPNs (Source: Krebs on Security)
- Phishers move on in: “Sophisticated” scam targeted people looking to move house (Source: The Negotiator)
- Gift card scam targeted members of Church: Officials asked to buy gift cards and send codes to scammers who claimed they’ll be reimbursed (Source: BBC)
- Fake cops, real phone call: Law enforcement warned of individuals claiming to be police officers extorting victims for cash over the phone (Source: The Mercury News)
Stay safe, everyone!