It’s time for your weekly dose of news stories and blog posts from the last seven days!
Last week, we took a look at Black Friday and suggested a couple of tips for staying safe while shopping online. There was a bit of a problem in Android land with infected HTML file bundles, and another trip back to the land of purchases you probably shouldn’t make.
Notable news stories and security related happenings:
- A security patch for Playstation 3 and 4.
- The so-called Twitter DM fail, as demonstrated by…someone working at Twitter.
- The increasing popularity of account takeovers.
- More SONY news, as hackers do a number on SONY Pictures.
- A $500,000 fine for selling a spyware app is going to sting.
- Globe Telecom had a number of websites compromised; customer data was apparently unaffected.
- Nation state Malware: still a problem.