Do we have blogs for you! Last week, we cracked open a big book of definitions on what packers, crypters, and protectors are, dug into preinstalled mobile Adware, and warned of World of Warcraft phishing involving “free” pets. Elsewhere, we explained what exploits actually are and why they’re a big deal, explained the workings of Sage ransomware, took a deep dive into a website compromise campaign, the money problems of tech support scammers, and advised you to avoid a night at the movies.
Below are notable news stories and security-related happenings:
- A blackmail and hacking arrest.
- Docs. Docs everywhere.
- A frankly terrifying number of breaches.
- People problems.
- GitHub repository owners under attack from Phishers.
- APAC: feeling the Malware burn.
- ISIS site hacked and used to sling Malware.
- LastPass: rolling with the punches.
- You’ll never look at a scanner the same way ever again.
Safe surfing, everyone!
The Malwarebytes Labs Team